Friday, June 26, 2009

Happenings

Life in New York has been quite relaxed in the last few weeks. Last week I walked around the Upper West side with Natalia (but pronounced Natalie..I know, I was confused too). We found the garden where Meg Ryan realizes it is Tom Hanks she has been writing to online in You've Got Mail.


Later that night we met up with our husbands and dined at the FIRST pizza place in America, Lombardi's. It was good pizza, but does not compare to Orem's own Pizzeria 712. If you haven't made it down there yet, you are missing out.

Other than that, I haven't been doing anything picture worthy, but here is a list of a few things to take note of:

*Wo Hop was not as good the second time. Miles visited this popular Chinese place in China Town with people from work, but when we went back it was no good. I don't know if it was the
couple of homeless Asians with death promising-hacking coughs, or the cockroaches we almost smashed walking along the sidewalk, but the food just did NOT do it for either of us. We had to walk through Little Italy to cleanse ourselves of our creepy experience.

*Jogging. I LOVE being in New York. I know this may come as a shock to some, but I feel so much more safe jogging/walking around my neighborhood here in New York, than I do my neighborhood in Orem. I live right near two busy streets in Utah county, and no one walks/jogs. So I feel strange doing it there. Plus it doesn't help to have had this experience. Here, I live right near Riverside Park. It has beautiful views of the Hudson and tons of little ones with their nanny's and such at parks. I LOVE it.

*Shakespeare in the Park. It is a free show every night here during the summer in Central Park. I've heard that this is so fantastic, it is worth the wait all morning for free tickets. This summer Anne Hathaway and others are preforming Twelfth Night. I went yesterday to see if I could get tickets, where I learned that it was the opening night, so they weren't giving away any tickets for the showing. It was a beautiful day yesterday so I wasn't discouraged at all about making the trip down to the park because it was so warm and sunny. I sat and read my book and watched all the cute kids play, I was seriously in Heaven..... well, until I got home and realized I was FRIED. I seriously have a problem. Is there some type of AA meeting for women who love to abuse their skin no matter how horribly they get burned?

I am seriously loving my time here in New York. I am so lucky.

6 comments:

Tyler and Megan said...

I am so glad you are loving New York! I am wish I could sit outside and read in the park!

::Sylvia:: said...

So glad you're enjoying NY! It's my lifelong dream to make it there but every year something comes up and I have yet to do it! Enjoy!!

Starr said...

I love You've Got Mail! So fun that you got to go there. Did Somewhere Over the Rainbow play in your head? And K that jogging story is nuts! I read it to Ty and we laughed. You are a hoot. Miss you.

Devin and Kaci said...

Sounds like so much fun. I seriously want to come visit for a couple days. Maybe I can get devin to go for his birthday for like 3 days! It would be so much fun!!

liz said...

luuucky. wish i could be running around town wich-you. :)

Ape said...

You must find a low level sunblock that you like to put on like lotion! I miss you and am so jealous of your fun times! Enjoy!