Friday, February 27, 2009

Teaching..or preaching...or a little of both

Being a high school teacher never surprises me. I am always running into something I didn't plan on bumping into. For instance, just today:

Mr. P literally RAN (full speed mind-you) right into me in the hall. My reaction, "P!!! You just took me out!?" to which he replied, "Well, I caught up with Mark....." As if I should be proud of him for doing so. ugh.

or

While we were talking about genes and chromosomes in Biology, Mr. A just could NOT stop laughing. He just couldn't handle all the talk of 'mating'. Never-mind the quarter-size hickey he had on his neck.

Yesterday:

Mr. O decided it would be funny to mimic me when I tried to say, "Oh, I am so sure" but it came out, "Oh, I am sho sure." by saying, (oozing with sarcasm) "Oh, are you SHO SURE?", two or three times. That was fun.

or

When I had to go to the seminary building to give a student an envelope and when I asked to see the student the seminary teacher said to me, "And...WHO are YOU?" as if I were a student. Ha. I replied, "I am a teacher from next door....{Insert famous black girl exxxcaaauuussseee-me-but-you-did-not-just-say-that-to-me, look}". That was awesome.

and last, but certainly not least:

When I asked my kids if they had any fun Valentine's Day plans a few weeks ago Mr. C replied, "Yes, actually. I bought my girlfriend a gift certificate to Victoria Secret and we are going to go to dinner, go pick something out from VS, and then go home.". So I replied, "Great. Well. We know Mr. C is going to have good night...anyone else?

3 months ago I wouldn't have had very many good things to say about my job, but the past few weeks I have been totally enjoying it. Here's hoping the enjoyment sticks.

7 comments:

Anne, Ryan and Emily said...

Em, I love your blog! This post was especially enjoyable. Aren't teenageers awesome? I know we thought we were.

Amanda the Couch said...

oooh man i was soooo one of those obnoxious students.

love this post and so glad that you are havinga better time.

love you

Devin and Kaci said...

Who new you would be back in high school again and loving it!!! To answer your question about my little sis, no she isn't married so if you know of any cute guys to line her up with please do!!

Devin and Kaci said...

Who new you would be back in high school again and loving it!!! To answer your question about my little sis, no she isn't married so if you know of any cute guys to line her up with please do!!

Ape said...

I loved the Victoria Secret gift certificate story....I LOL! Love the post...keep it up.

Starr said...

You are hilarious! Those are classic. I am sure you could write a book.

Meredith said...

I didn't even know you guys had a blog!! I am glad you found mine. As you can see, we are newbies and have just started ours.

I know Robin and Phillip because they were in my FHE family in Rexburg and I watched them get together. It was funny because that same semester, Phillip took me on a date....weird. haha.

Also, I didn't know about all your medical problems!! This is crazy. So is everything okay? What's the update?

Meredith