Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday

Learning that I had a kidney tumor at 4:30 pm on Friday afternoon wasn't what I had in mind for a great weekend. I was in shock. I gathered my things here at school and thought I'd get home and tell Miles. Unfortunately he called as I was walking in the hallways.

"So, what did they say?" miles asked. "hmm well they said that the thing on my liver was nothing but they found something else." was my response. Miles continued, "What do you mean? You are kidding right?"

I was trying to get out of the hallways where kissing teenagers, friendly handicapped janitors, and bustling teachers would be out of ear shot, but Miles persistence made me stop right there in the hallway and tell him. " I have a KIDNEY TUMOR! The nurse was really happy for me actually. Isn't that great?!"

After a little more clarification we decided to talk when we got together. I wanted to get the heck out of school and back home where we could actually talk face to face. Luckily for us (sarcasm), Miles car was broken down, so I drove over to BYU and picked him up.

I am afraid we were both in shock and sick with worry at the prospect of what life could bring to us on Monday. The nurse assured me that the doctor told her the tumor was very small and it could be nothing, but that we needed to see a Urologist and gave us the number of the recommended urologist. I tried to think positively, but could not help but cry.

We had a lot on our minds considering that Friday wasn't only my dooms day either. Miles father had some strange things show up in his blood a month prior and was waiting to hear the results that same day.

On our way home from BYU, Miles mother called to let us know, that yes indeed, Kimball had cancer.

worst.day.ever

3 comments:

Ali said...

And then what happened next?

Em, the suspense is hard to take. I'm really worried about you.

Barb @ getupandplay said...

Emily- I am so sorry! You and Kimball will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Robin said...

Hey Emily! I sure hope that things are getting better. I was so sorry to hear about all that you have been through. You're in our prayers! We are loving the east coast and... Phillip got into BYU last week!! We are SOO excited. I will hopefully get around to blogging about it soon. We love you! Hang in there!