Friday, December 5, 2008

Getting Real

So I read Betsy's post today about how she felt bad sometimes after reading every one's blogs. Can I just give her a major what-what (while raising the roof) !! I am so on board with you Bets. Although I am addicted to reading other's blogs, I have most definitely had my days where reading other's blogs makes me feel sick. Why you ask? I dunno, maybe because it is all about rainbows and fairy tales, baby blue birds and bows.

When I post something on my blog (which is VERY rare) I don't usually decide to post about how I had a fight with my sister, or the lesson I planned for school totally sucked. Oh no, I post something about how much fun I had doing this, or that, or who knows what. And why? Because who wants to tell the world that they had a fight with their husband last night about whether or not to put the crock pot in the basement (detached from the house) or keep it upstairs where it is READILY AVAILABLE. Well not me of course, I mean, heaven forbid I would be that lame to fight over something that trivial, but then share it with the world? No thanks.

The blogs I love to read the most are not the blogs about the home-made curtains so and so made, or the beautiful creations some child made for their mommy blogger. The blogs I love are the ones who laugh at themselves, and give me something to laugh at.

With that said, I think I have turned a new leaf. Who knows how often I'll post something or if I will actually follow through, but I am going to try to be more realistic in my blogging life. And boy, do I have a lot of un-fun, un-flattering, not so dreamy things I could talk about.

Wow. That feels nice. I think I am going to start liking this blogging thing a lot more.

and guess what... no picture! gasp!

*disclaimer: I just came back and re-read my post and it sounds a bit harsh. By NO MEANS did I want to offend anyone with the way they blog. I absolutely love reading about every one's life, so please no one take offense!

7 comments:

Alison said...

That's it! I'm calling the 'no picture' police. Ha.

Great post. I want to go read Betsy's now too! Did you ever see the movie, "Pleasantville" with Reese Witherspoon... and I think Tobey McGuire (spelling?)?

I think blogs have a tendency to lean that way and I try to avoid that because I want my kids to know someday (if they ever read it - I don't blame them if they don't) that life isn't always roses and sunshine. It's hard.

I'm guilty of being a little "Suzy Sunshine" at times, so please if I ever make you gag... let me know and I'll send you something to spew in.

Where did the crock pot end up?

Em said...

Ha ha. Ali, your blog is so real, I love it! The crock pot is in the basement... ugh. :)

Travis and Liz Felix said...

Here here EMily! I love your sense of humor, I am pretty sure we could laugh at each other all day long. So bring it... bring on Reality Blog.

By the way, I sent Emily the message!

Tyler and Megan Scott said...

Can I also add the other thing I hate about blogs is that it is a battle to be the wittiest while being the sweetest. Drives me crazy.

Alison said...

I totally wasn't referring to your blog in my little "challenge" inspired entry. It was a friend's little sister's blog!

Amanda the Couch said...

what are you talking about, spence totally loves you! really though he really only notices things that are on fire.

Starr said...

Ha Emily you are a nut! Hot Tub! Going to make you sweat! Love that. I had vowed not to put the moving baby on my blog, but for you I will.