Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Too Cool


Okay, I just have to get something off of my chest. What is up with all the haters out there? Yes, I am talking to you, you-all-high-and-mighty-too-cool-for-school-nah sayers! What is up with the disdain for Lagoon? Yes, I do understand that there is the more than just the occasional wife-beater with cut-offs wearing, beer coozy drinking, mullet-sporting, father of three, making out with his pregnant wife. But I mean come on, it is so much fun! Unless you want to fly or drive to Cali, Florida, or somewhere they've got a Six Flags, you can't find entertainment like Lagoon.


Have you all forgotten where you came from? The days spent at Stake Lagoon Day, sweating, waiting in line for Puff the Magic Dragon? Now can we all get down from our high horses and admit that we can't go another summer with out the rush you get waiting at the top of the Rocket for the free fall, or the chance to trick those people with how much you really do weigh, and what about that squash you feel while riding the Musical Express listening to Savage Garden? Okay, I guess I didn't make it sound too appealing, but this whole summer I have been dying to go, and not even my own husband will act enthused by the idea. So, do I have any takers?

6 comments:

I'm Andrea said...

If Lagon was air conditioned I would be right there with you. You know me and the heat don't mix. At all.

Sarah said...

haa- i so know the attitude you are talking about. yes, we would love to go. call again!

Ali Flegal said...

ME, ME, ME!!!

I am totally there with you. When I re-enter the country on the 17th of August (the most romantic day of the year, am I right?!) we can go. Yay.

Amanda the Couch said...

oooh i feel the same way, lagoon is lots o fun, but in small doses. i like to go around 4 or 5 in the afternoon, i think you can get cheaper tickets too after the peak hours. have fun, ride jet star 2 & get some corn on the cobb at pioneer village for me!

marta said...

i am so in. you know we'd be laughing our guts out. i only wish you n' me had experienced 'ninth grade lagoon day' together, so how 'bout we recreate it!?

bestie style.

liz said...

you know i love that place. just think of all the potential boyfriends we found there in our youth...hey...i am single again...count me in for the next trip.