Tuesday, April 24, 2007


There I am. Yep, that is me crossing the finish line at the end of my 5K run. Yes, I know, a 5K isn't that impressive, actually it is a bit embarrassing considering that people running the half marathon (exceptional runners) were finishing at the same time I was. But, none-the-less, I absolutely LOVED my experience. There is something amazing about running as the sun comes up over our mountains, in the silent of the morning, with hundreds of other people.
After my group was separated a bit, I was running by myself and I couldn't help but become sentimental a few times. I was just so overcome with emotion for my health and the beauty of the moment. I am so glad I decided to do it, even though I am anything BUT a morning person. Yay for 5k's, Megan, Marta, and SLC! Yoohoo!

4 comments:

I'm Andrea said...

i love that feeling. i felt the same way when i "ran" the race for a cure. i'm glad you were able to do this.

Amanda the Couch said...

holy crap i forgot you were going to do that! congratulations what a big accomplishment! i love the pic.

marta said...

em, you rocked it sister. nice legs.

Megan said...

Em! The 5k was awesome! I also loved the experience! So many times we take for granted our health, that day I too felt so grateful for my health, and just for LIFE! How Beautiful! Good job! WE DID IT!!